The Ramboll Foundation has established the Flemming Bligaard Award of 65,000 Euros to support early career researchers working with sustainable solutions.
June 9, 2020, former CEO for Ramboll Flemming Bligaard Pedersen stepped down as chair for the Ramboll Foundation. To honour Flemming Bligaard’s accomplishments in his 44 years of serving Ramboll and the Ramboll Foundation, a 65,000 Euros award is made available for an outstanding early-career researcher whose work represents extraordinary contributions to sustainable development.
The first award will be given in October 2020. This year, the award funds are earmarked a researcher working with Circular Economy in the built environment.
The ambition behind the Flemming Bligaard Award is to uncover new knowledge with emphasis on bright ideas, and applicable sustainable solutions providing knowledge to people and society. The award pays tribute to Flemming Bligaard as a leader who epitomises both technical excellence and a deep rooted, value-based human approach, in continuation of Børge Rambøll and Johan Hannemann, Ramboll’s original founders.
Please send a short application with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15 September 2020
1. Name, education (degree, year, university), address, country, email, phone number of the applicant
2. Current work of the Applicant
- Research career until date
- Research achievements and connection to circular economy in the built environment
3. Description of how the Flemming Bligaard Award will bring the Applicant’s research further:
- Short description of research activities the Flemming Bligaard Award would catalyse, and how the results would be of benefit for strengthening circular economy in the built environment.(One page – approximately 500 words or 3,000 characters)
4. Applicants affiliation to research institutions
- Name of university and faculty/department
- Recommendation from research supervisor
- An Early-carrier researcher with university affiliation
- Post-Master’s Degree level with min. 3 years of documented research
- Research topic within Sustainable solutions
- 2020 Award focuses on Circular Economy in the built environment
Application and selection process
- Applications deadline is 15 September 2020 at 12:00 CET
- Applicants will receive confirmation of receipt
- Applications will be assessed by a Selection board with members from universities, relevant organisations and experts from the Ramboll Group.
- The Award will be handed over by Flemming Bligaard at an event in Ramboll’s Head Office in Copenhagen, Denmark. Travel and accommodation for the Award winner will be reimbursed.
- As Award winner, you must be willing to present your work at a webinar (facilitated by Ramboll Foundation)
- Synergies with activities of the Ramboll Group can be explored but is not guaranteed.
For any questions, please contact Neel Strøbæk.
Please send your application to email@example.com no later than 15 September 2020.
Resource scarcity is one of the biggest challenges in the next decades, and Circular Economy is an important concept in driving the sustainability agenda. To develop and implement the concept within the building industry, the Ramboll Foundation is looking for talented researchers with a proven track record in providing significant research results in one or more of these topics:
- Development of tools and methodologies for science-based approaches to Life Cycle Analyses and resource efficiency in the built environment
- Optimisation of resource efficiency when designing load bearing structures
- Development of ‘design for deconstruction’
- Improvement adaptability and durability of buildings
- Analysing barriers, new business models, value chains and value creation